• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Career update

So I had my medical review today, and instead of recommending at a permanent category at this point, I received another temporary category (you can have 2 six month categories before it has to go to a permanent category).

In a way it's good because it buys me a guaranteed additional 6 months, plus however long it takes Director Medical Policy to review my file and make a recommendation once they have to give me a permanent category in August.

So I still have a job for now :) My posting is still cancelled this summer, but I am going to get a new position in the same unit this summer where I don't have 180 subordinates.

Yes and no, part of me just wants a final decision so I can get on with my life but on the other hand, if it gets dragged out long enough, I will have enough time in to qualify for a medical pension. Probably wouldn't be enough to live on, but if I found a job that didn't pay as much as I currently make, it would help make up the difference.