• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Carter man's story

Hi, I am mom to Carter, age 11. Summer of 2012 was so sad for Carter. Came down to him being diagnosed with Crohn's. He started infusion immediately and has since had them every 4 weeks. He just had one on Wednesday. Got a call today from doctor's office that his disease is active again. I am really sad for Carter and wish I could take his pain. Please help this mom understand what's going on!

Welcome to the forum and I am so sorry to hear that your son's CD is active again.

Please check out the Parents Forum(<---click here) as there are many caring, knowledgeable parents there with kids of all ages.

My son has been on Remicade since May 2012 but we are now in the hospital, having just had a colonoscopy and awaiting an MRE in the morning.

We started at 8 weeks remicade, then every 6 and upped the dose now every 5 and added MTX but there is still something going on. We hope to have the answers to exactly what that is in the next day or two.

I hope the GI can find a treatment that works for your son and gets him into remission quickly.

Hello and welcome to the forum. My 11 year old daughter Devynn has ulcerative colitis. She was diagnosed with Crohn's when she was 8 and the diagnosis was changed to ulcerative colitis last March.
This horrible disease is hard to understand. Why my child? Why your child? But you have come to the right place. You will find a lot of support and people who have been going through this with their kids.
If you haven't already, click on the link Clash posted. This is for the parents forum and they have been a life saver for me. When ever I have a question or concern, someone will come by who has been there done that, or who is full of advice.
(((((hugs))))