• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

CAUTION: Rising divorce rates due to gabbly

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I know it's fun kids, but look at this article that I found...

"At first, it was recreational," MHB recalls. "It was fun."
As the months passed, Tim began noticing a change in his wife. The amount of time she spent on the gabbly became steadily longer. "He'd laugh over her shoulder at the piggish jokes that jed would make, he thought that Ding's flirting was cute." she said. But little did he know...
Tim realized it was a problem when they came home one night and MBH ran to the computer, knocking her children out of her way just to get to gabbly.

Tim says he thinks gabbly is much harder than alcoholism or drug addiction for people to recognize as an illness. "When drugs or booze are put into the body, it's mind altering," he says. "But with gabbly, it's in your mind all the time. Your head is spinning and wants gabbly action."

Once, when MBH and Tim were driving somewhere, he noticed her typing in the air as he drove. "When he asked her about it, she said she didn't know she was doing it," he says. "She was thinking about gabbly - and she was actually typing conversations."

"This is a progressive illness," Tim explains, "it is a disease that's addicted to the action" "Accessibility increases problem gabbly, there are computers everywhere. It's just not easy - this addiction. It has almost destroyed our home and family and turned a loving wife and mother into a woman I no longer recognize."

Tim says he believes that in the not-too-distant future, everyone is going to be affected by gabbly in some way. "Everyone is going to know someone who has a problem with gabbly," he warns.

It's a sad sad story... gabbly is fun, but use it reasonably. Don't let this be you...

hehe i am not sure Gabbly is as dangerous as pms and emails. and even more risky is msn.. particularly if you have a webcam!

LOL

"it was a thursday night" wifey said as she pulled another tissue from the box, remnants of her tears sitting in 2ply silk coffins around her.

"his favourite show was on tv, but his eyes barely drifted from the laptop. it was if he was waiting for something to happen. he sat with the monitor away from me, and i knew if i sat next to him, he'd just close it off and say "pffft, nothing interesting to look at tonight."

"but i could see he was waiting for something, or someone, that would open his eyes in a way i used to see when he looked at me"

"that when i decided to call a nerd, a computer savvy boy i knew who thought inserting was something you only do with a USB drive. he installed a keylogger program for me, he said i could change the password of kirkbestenterprisecaptainever to what ever i want"

"thats when i learnt of gabbly, some kind of biscuit feline, someone with a sore anus, and someone called dingdong"

(interview terminates here, i need to go out. dammit!)

Hi!
I'm Drew and I'm addicted to Gabbly. I have tried to not let it get in the way of my life but I realized I had a problem when I enabled Javascript on my Blackberry so I could use it there.

One day at a time they say, one day at a time.

my name is Dingbat, and i'm addicted to Gabbly too.

wow - you guys don't know how many times i had to soul search and practice saying that, before i could say it out loud in here.

"Amy Taylor, 28, said she had caught husband David Pollard, 40, having sex with an animated woman. "

lol.. aren't most women animated at such times? :D

DUDE! Jed is in that picture on Drew's link! He's the one in the suit. The redhead chick looks like me a bit. Benson can be the white suit guy, dingbat is the other redhead chick in the skirt and MBH is the dark haired chick. WEIRD

lol but this one had CNN in the name. Yeah everyone... if you are on gabbly... NEVER click a drew link, they usually have something to do with lemon parties. Drew likes them old man circle jerks.

katiesue1506 said:
DUDE! Jed is in that picture on Drew's link! He's the one in the suit. The redhead chick looks like me a bit. Benson can be the white suit guy, dingbat is the other redhead chick in the skirt and MBH is the dark haired chick. WEIRD
Who's the black dude then?

Kev, how tan do you get in the summers up there?

katiesue1506 said:
:ylol2: