• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

CBC Concern

Can someone explain this CBC chart to me?

Component

Your Value

Standard Range

Units

White Blood Cells

4.5 - 11.0

K/UL

RBC

4.50 - 5.90

MIL/UL

Hemoglobin

13.5 - 17.5

G/DL

Hematocrit

41.0 - 53.0

%

MCV

79.3 - 94.8

UM3

MCH

26.0 - 34.0

UUG

MCHC

31.0 - 37.0

G/DL

RDW-CV

11.5 - 14.5

%

Platelets

150 - 450

K/UL

MPV

7.5 - 10.7

UM3

Segs Relative

36 - 66

%

Lymphocytes Relative

24 - 44

%

Monocytes Relative

0 - 10

%

Eosinophils Relative

0 - 5

%

Basophils Relative

0 - 2

%
I am concerned that it may be close to being to low. Thank you.

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
Looks normal. As long as nothing is out of the normal range I wouldn't worry about it.

It actually looks pretty good to me. Which one are you concern about?
The ones that are right about or just one point above the lowest normal range and also the two that are less than a point from the lowest normal range. Also can anyone explain what the ones I am most concerned with means or what can happen if it falls to low? Thanks again for responding so quickly.

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
The ones that are right about or just one point above the lowest normal range and also the two that are less than a point from the lowest normal range. Also can anyone explain what the ones I am most concerned with means or what can happen if it falls to low? Thanks again for responding so quickly.
My WBC is always lower then normal, has been that way for years. The doctor seems to think it is something to do with the years of anti-tnf meds, 6mp & prednisone. They just make sure it doesn't drop to low. As long as your numbers don't drop to low or go to high there isn't anything to worry about.

Catherine

i really can't see anything of concern in the current blood test. It is normal for everyone to sit somewhere in the range.

What medicatons are you taking?

Over time you look for changes in the results. Have you had a previous blood test and has there been any movement within the results.