• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

CD Treat - a diet mimicking EEN

• Thread starter Deleted member 431298
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 431298

There is a UK based research project going on aiming to see if eating certain easy-to-digest foods can result in the same effect as EEN (exclusive enteral nutrition).
The diet is called "CD Treat" and you can read more about here (study results)

and here (about the diet)
https://www.gastrojournal.org/cms/1...FjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw0sW8zLujmhUjKbBnQxYUNd

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 431298

I started this diet two weeks ago as I come off of steoroids Im anxious to see if it will keep CD in check. Only change I did is I boil all the already lactose-free milk products (even the milk I pour on my morning cereal). The reason being MAP (paratuberculosis) which may be causing / driving the inflammation. I want to be sure I do not introduce MAP bacteria to an already strained digestive system while on the diet. Just in case..

Alao - interestingly the foods included are many of the same foods CD patients report to be 'safe foods'.
Have a look in this thread where forum users report which foods they seem to tolerate: