• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Change in stools

So I have a strange question. I ate corn last night for dinner (usually don't have trouble with corn). I've been having a little pain the last few days and some bright red blood occasionally that I thought maybe was from hemorrhoids since it was so bright red.
But today I've had two bowel movements with corn in them and the corn is red and blood colored. Could this be caused by blood or something else? Anything to worry about?
Thank you!

nogutsnoglory

Was the corn bright red or dark. Bright indicates bleeding at the end and dark is higher up in the GI. I'd stay away from the corn and see what happens. You may be flaring.

Hmm, I do know corn can be a trouble maker, but if you haven't have issues with it before I wonder. Are you worse inflammation wise than last time you ate corn? Have you had blood before as a symptom?

The corn was fairly bright red. I think I may be flaring a little due to other symptoms. I get blood in my stool sometimes when I flare but usually can't see it myself... Unless it's bright. Just not sure if I shoukd wait it out or call my doc.

I would call. Better your docs be aware. If he/she decides it isn't a big concern you don't need to panic, otherwise if it is concerning you can start making a plan for appts, possible med changes etc.