• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Changing the way I think......

greatergood.berkely.edu
( Greater Good - The Science of a Meaningful Life)
(University of California -Berkeley)

This website has been of some help to me. I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder in addition to my Ulcerative Colitis. Most days I feel down because I never feel good.

This websites core themes are: empathy, altruism, compassion, mindfulness, gratitude, forgiveness and happiness. I think they have some great articles to read that could help anyone who has physical health challenges.

I like to try to express gratitude every day. I can write it down on paper, or say it out-loud or just think it inside of my head.

I received a handout in one of my classes one day and it said this:

Express Gratitude -When you appreciate what you have, what you have appreciates in value. Kinda cool right ? So basically, being grateful for the goodness that is already evident in your life will bring you a deeper sense of happiness. And that's without having to go out and buy anything. It makes sense. We're going to have a hard time ever being happy if we aren't thankful for what we already have.

Thanks for listening. Have a good weekend.

I'm a single mom of three. My youngest daughter had been sick for several years, with doctors saying it was a virus or something else. We just found out with the help of her Doctor and a million test that she has Crohns, IBS & Fatty liver disease. Our lives have took a complete change and I don't understand much about it. I do know I'm stressed beyond my breaking point and it seems that she is only able to eat yougart and most baby foods, this breaks my heart. She's also on 127 pills a week and I'm afraid this is a lot to take being so young. If anyone can give me any advice or help understand this please do. I cry myself to self at night bc of horror stories I hear about Crohns. I don't know what else to do. Thanks for your time in advance. Bless each of you. Worriedmom2000 (Misty)