• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chicken pox

Well, my 1 yr old grandson has chicken pox. I know this can be a problem for me because of the lowered immune system. Both Janis and I will have to be careful since she just had Shingles in the last 6 months and I have the lowered immune system.

I guess I am now a part of an unofficial experiment.

Astra

Hiya Greg

When a kid in my school got chicken pox last year and I was on Pred then too, I was told to go home.
I spoke to my GP and my consultant, they both said that if I had it as a child then I would have built up immunity to it and not to worry about it.
I went back to work the next day and I didn't get the virus.
So, did you both get it as children?
hope you're ok
xxx

Yea, Janis and I had it as kids, but janis just had shingles less then a year ago so she ends up being the one with a greater chance of having a problem.

I have just been released from hospital after catching chicken pox for a second time. Was extremely serious and i was in hospital isolated for 1 week. No fun. Keep well clear if someone has it. Im also a teacher so its just trying your best to keep clear of it.