• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Children and IBD

I know we've had a discussion or two about how apprehensive us parents have gotten when our kiddos show "symptoms". The paranoia sets in and we freak when there's a tummy ache, a bout of massive d, etc.

A while back, I had posted that I was concerned about my middle son's bowels. I mentioned to his PCP that he's been complaining of stomach pain near his belly button, has urgency and d (from what I can tell none of his BM's are solid) and really struggles to make it to the toilet on time. He's aware of my diagnosis and luckily, has some knowledge on Crohn's since he has a few children patients with it unfortunately, so he decided to put my son on a daily laxative to get him more regular and ordered an abdominal x-ray, which came back normal -- figured it would. It's been months and months and there's no improvement. He said if the laxative didn't get things in order that he'd go ahead and refer him to a GI, so I guess that's the next step.

The past few days he's been complaining that his butt hurts and with tears in his eyes will ask me if I have any medicine (Calmo preferably, LOL). Poor kid would kill me if he knew I was typing this up, but I decided to sneak a peak, so I took him to the bathroom, had him spread 'em and everything looked perfectly fine. There's no redness, sores, etc. and he told me it was "up in there". God, now I'm paranoid that the poor kid might have something IBD related up in there that I can't see. It's really uncomfortable for him and seems to be worse after a BM.

::sigh:: Wish us luck. My poor boy...

God Nessa - I'm sorry - that would freak me out as well. I wonder why he gave him *laxatives* if he is having diarrhea?? That seems counterintuative doesn't it? I would think he would try fiber first?? I'd think it is time to get him in to the pediatric GI and let them take a peek - definitely mention that rectal discomfort. I'm sorry :O( I hope it passes for him until you can get him in. Poor guy!

So sorry to hear that Nessa. Your poor little darling. It's such a helpless feeling to not be able to help your little ones when they hurt. Keep us posted on what you find out. I wish you both the best of luck for sure! You'll both be in my thoughts .... more than normal. :)

Hey Nessa, so sorry to hear one of your babies is having problems! I hope you can get him seen soon and hope he doesn't have IBD! I'm confused about the laxatives also - surely that would make the D worse!??

Nessa my heart breaks for you and your son. I can handle learning of adults being DX but to have a child this young having problems is rotten.
Janis and I will keep you and your son in our thoughts and will pray for the best news ever told a mom.
Good luck Nessa

Peaches said:
God Nessa - I'm sorry - that would freak me out as well. I wonder why he gave him *laxatives* if he is having diarrhea?? That seems counterintuative doesn't it? I would think he would try fiber first?? I'd think it is time to get him in to the pediatric GI and let them take a peek - definitely mention that rectal discomfort. I'm sorry :O( I hope it passes for him until you can get him in. Poor guy!
He had said that he *thought* it was possible that he had been really constipated and it was possible he was so backed up that the only thing that could pass was liquid. I guess sort of like water leaking out around a cork? If I recall, he said it was pretty common among children to have that problem, so he wanted to try that first before getting nervous over the thought of IBD.

Argh, I guess we'll see. =/

Thanks a bunch everyone. It really is great to have you guys for support and understand where I'm coming from.

I know exactly what you mean, Pirate. I can't even imagine my baby needing surgeries, taking medication every day for the rest of his life and all of the other yucky stuff that comes along with it.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
sorry Nessa, that has to be a parents nightmare. I can deal with my own pains but I would feel helpless and have when my daughter is sick with a nasty bug. I hope you get some answers and soon, being in pain is very hard for a child and a child to explain it to you. How old is he? Hugs to you both.

Jettalady said:
sorry Nessa, that has to be a parents nightmare. I can deal with my own pains but I would feel helpless and have when my daughter is sick with a nasty bug. I hope you get some answers and soon, being in pain is very hard for a child and a child to explain it to you. How old is he? Hugs to you both.
Thank you. :( He's only 6 years old.

I have to be honest -- I'm not even entirely sure how long these symptoms have been going on. Up until my diagnosis, frequency, massive d and pain were just "part of the process". I didn't know what a regular BM was, so this might've been going on with my boy for longer than what I think. It wasn't until I was dx'ed last year that something clicked and I realized I had to pay better attention to him, especially when I found out that he was hiding his soiled underwear in his bedroom drawers. Bless his heart, he was so embarrassed that he was having accidents that he was hiding his messy clothes!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
My grand neice is going thru the same thing, I never did find out the results because not long after she had to get her tonsils out. Apparently she is just like me. Her mother, my neice, has a mouth like me too, they always call her Penny when she is bad.

My brother has UC and my niece has an aunt with UC so, there is connection there. Genes are a funny thing.

Oh thats brutal Nessa! Well I hope it is just a little bit backed up like the doc thought.
Did you get a chance to tell him that messing his underoos isnt something that he has to try and hide from you? That is too cute though!
Poor little guy! :( I feel for him

vshirey317 said:
It wasn't until I was dx'ed last year that something clicked and I realized I had to pay better attention to him, especially when I found out that he was hiding his soiled underwear in his bedroom drawers. Bless his heart, he was so embarrassed that he was having accidents that he was hiding his messy clothes!
Oh my goodness. Poor little mister. That totally broke my heart, how sad is that?

Nessa, I'm so sorry to hear about your little man. I hope they figure it out soon so that he can get feeling better! You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Nes, thinking of you and your beautiful son... I really hope and pray he is just backed up and it will all pass without anything major coming of it. My heart breaks for your little man there would be nothing worse then fearing your child has this disease. Best of luck hun.

Oh poor little sausage. I hope you get some answers soon.

Obviously the preference is for it NOT to be IBD, but just to give you some hope, my son Paddy has suffered with UC all his life, he is eight, and he totally takes it in his stride. Me, I mope about, mourning the loss of the fabulous life I claim to have once had... He just gets on with it. While I would obviously rather he didn't have it, I do think in some ways it's better to have it young, he knows no different so he doesn't feel hard done by... And we have in jokes and secret passwords to let eCh other know how our respective bowels are doing! We even share a shelf in the bathroom cabinet for our nappies and soothing wipes!

I pray your son doesn't have IBD, but if he does, thank god he has you for his mummy, you will always know better than anyone what he is going through.

Thoughts and prayers x

lishyloo x

You all have no idea how much these replies mean to me -- thank you all SO, so much. I'm feel extremely blessed to have you all for a support system.

Poor kid, I started noticing the underwear thing when he would come home wearing clothes from the nurses office. I'd ask him what happened and he'd stutter and say, "I spilled milk on me at lunch"! It wasn't until I'd take the clothes out of the plastic bag I'd really they were soiled with poop. Then I'd go to put laundry away in their rooms, find crunched up underwear in his dresser that had been "sharted" on. I confronted him very gently about it and told him that he didn't need to hide that from me, that it wasn't hygenic and he didn't have to be embarrassed, so he stopped, but then it got me thinking -- I just can't have him doing this at school. Children can be cruel and the LAST thing he needs is a reputation for having poop accidents, smelling, etc. :(

Aw, Lishy, I always enjoy reading little Paddy stories. He truly is a little inspiration :)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Your son has one lucky thing...he has a great mom, take comfort in that, I know your a good mom!

Last edited:
Nessa, i'm so sorry to hear what your son is going through. My mom feels very similarly, i believe, due to my recent problems....She also has Crohns, and has been very empathetic through all my troubles. I truly hope that you can get some answers very soon.

Hey, the good thing is he's a boy!!! Boys don't seem to have the same worry about being stinkers! My biggest fear has always been that Paddy will have ab
an accident at school for exactly the reasons you mention, kids can be so cruel.

Fortunately Paddy has a special signal for his tea her and is allowed to go whenever he wants, and despite the fact that he is an olympic farter (I'd hate to be the kid that sits next to him), apparently no one has ever realised it's him!

I think at that age, all the kids are a bit "windy" and narrowing it down to one individual is tricky... Paddy is pretty proud of his bum trumpet anyway!

Good luck!

Oh and, remember I had a code brown recently when tea hing a class and nobody realised it was me! Boys are foul!

I hope it will be ok x

lishyloo x

Lishyloo said:
Hey, the good thing is he's a boy!!! Boys don't seem to have the same worry about being stinkers! My biggest fear has always been that Paddy will have ab
an accident at school for exactly the reasons you mention, kids can be so cruel.

Fortunately Paddy has a special signal for his tea her and is allowed to go whenever he wants, and despite the fact that he is an olympic farter (I'd hate to be the kid that sits next to him), apparently no one has ever realised it's him!

I think at that age, all the kids are a bit "windy" and narrowing it down to one individual is tricky... Paddy is pretty proud of his bum trumpet anyway!

Good luck!

Oh and, remember I had a code brown recently when tea hing a class and nobody realised it was me! Boys are foul!

I hope it will be ok x

lishyloo x
LMAO! You always make my day with your stories, LOL! You make a good point -- boys love to fart. Aidan (the one experiencing trouble) loves to claim others farts all the time. Someone in another country could cut the cheese and he'd gladly stand tall and say it was his. :X

Lishy you are so right, boys get off so easy in the farting department. We are proud when its loud and stinky! Even more so when we are young

Boys never grow up either.... My husband claims his are a mating call.... Dunno who he's trying to mate with coz I have never responded amorously to his butt calling!

I am a lone female in a house full of proud flatulent men.... I try to pretend I am nothing like the beasts that surround me, that I am some knd of rose scented goddess but sadly I have crohns and generally end up grossing them out more than they ever could me!

Sorry, thread divert there. I am still hoping he doesn't have IBD, but if he does, as above, I think being a boy he will be able to take great pride in being totally foul! Boys have it easy, being the best at farting makes you cool!

Lishyloo said:
Boys never grow up either.... My husband claims his are a mating call.... Dunno who he's trying to mate with coz I have never responded amorously to his butt calling!

I am a lone female in a house full of proud flatulent men.... I try to pretend I am nothing like the beasts that surround me, that I am some knd of rose scented goddess but sadly I have crohns and generally end up grossing them out more than they ever could me!

Sorry, thread divert there. I am still hoping he doesn't have IBD, but if he does, as above, I think being a boy he will be able to take great pride in being totally foul! Boys have it easy, being the best at farting makes you cool!
::spew:: :ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2: You crack me up so much, Lishy! Believe me, I can relate! Don't worry about the thread divert -- I do it to every other thread myself. :X

I think if I EVER feel depressed, down, self sorrying sack of doo doo - I can just search for Lishy's posts - one or two will do ya - and you are right as rain again! My tummy hurts from laughing!

Nessa - the constipation thing does make sense actually. Poor baby - keep us posted and I'll be praying for you both.

Peaches said:
I think if I EVER feel depressed, down, self sorrying sack of doo doo - I can just search for Lishy's posts - one or two will do ya - and you are right as rain again! My tummy hurts from laughing!

Nessa - the constipation thing does make sense actually. Poor baby - keep us posted and I'll be praying for you both.
Thanks! :)

"I know exactly what you mean, Pirate. I can't even imagine my baby needing surgeries, taking medication every day for the rest of his life and all of the other yucky stuff that comes along with it."
Nessa--You are experiencing my fears. I can handle (most) anything the good lord sends me....but, please please not my daughters. I hope things work out. Please keep us posted. The stress isn't good for us Crohnies. Keep leaning on us! How old is your boy? And you are right, boys are different--they are proud of their bodily functions! LOL! Stay positive, keep thinking it will be better for them than us....And remember...he has you, from your posts you are one strong chicky...He's lucky to have you! Peace, Sue

*Update*

Aidan was sent to the nurses office today because it hurt to sit on the carpet in his classroom. Bless his little heart, I took him back to the bathroom and took a peak again. I didn't see anything the first time, but this time I had to spread his little butt apart further and saw that where the "cheek" meets his rectum, he has this...well, I can't really explain it. It's not an open sore, no puss, etc. Maybe a hemorrhoid? Does anyone have any idea what it could be or does it sound like a hemorrhoid? I'm making him an appointment for tomorrow, so hopefully we can figure that out by tomorrow, argh!

Edit: Appointment is at 9am for him. Wish us luck!

Last edited:
Best bet is to google pics of roids, yeah thats goona be pretty gross, but if you cant wait till tomorrow it might be your best bet. I hope it is just a little roid and not something more.
Make sure you let us know how you make out in the morning!

Thanks Fog, I tried googling pics and it doesn't look like a hemorrhoid. Unfortunately, I'm thinking it might be a perianal abscess, however I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions. From what I've gathered, a way to tell the difference between the two is that an abscess forms a lot quicker than a roid. Sure enough, I know for a fact that thing wasn't on his bum yesterday. Even within a few hours time he was cringing in pain, is having difficulty walking and starts bawling uncontrollably when I try to take the slightest look. Again, it was really hard to see, but I saw a speck of white on it, too -- I'm wondering if it's pus trying to emerge. If I didn't have a docs appointment for him first thing in the morning, I would've just taken him to the ER, but he's fast asleep in bed right now and isn't showing any signs of infection, so hopefully we should be okay with waiting 12 hours.

Awww I feel so bad for the lil guy. :(

Make sure you tell the doc that it wasnt there the other day so he doesnt just pass it off as a roid then.

Fog Ducker said:
Awww I feel so bad for the lil guy. :(

Make sure you tell the doc that it wasnt there the other day so he doesnt just pass it off as a roid then.
Definitely good advice.

He just woke up in intense pain. Gah, I put him in my bed and told him I'd rub him to sleep. Guess I'll update everyone in the morning. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts.

Aww Ness, so sorry for the little guy. Hopefully they can see what it is tomorrow and get it treated ASAP so he's not in pain!

(((HUGS)))for your baby :)

Any news on your brave little soldier???

I'm on tenterhooks. Hope the appt has given answers/ gone well/provided relief.

Lishyloo x

Okay, just got back a while ago and sure enough it's a perianal abscess. :( Bless his heart, he was whimpering like a little puppy all night long in my bed -- I almost regretted not taking him to the ER earlier. It was definitely a rough night for the both of us.

The doctor cleaned it up and said thankfully it's already starting to drain. She put him on some heavy duty antibiotics and she wants him back in on Friday to re-check it. If it's not any better or he developes any infectious symptoms, it's off to the children's hospital to have it surgically drained and IV antibiotics. He feels a lot better though since the doctor squeezed it gently as it relieved a lot of pressure. The next several days will be him home from school, chillaxin' in his new sitz bath 4 times a day while making fun of his older brother who has to still go to school, HA!

Aww thats too bad Nessa. Poor little guy, I fell bad for him. But at least he seems to have found a positive, no school!! Its amazing how much kids hate going to school.

I hope he heals up quickly. :)

*Adding* she also didn't think it was necesary to refer him to a pediatric GI as of yet, however, I'm going to get a second opinion. She looked up in his rectum and saw it was red and inflamed. Now, there's a chance it's NOT something serious, but I'd rather rule that out. If it *is* something as serious as IBD, then the good thing is, is that he could start treatment and get things in working gear hopefully.

imisspopcorn said:
Can you go to a GI without a referral? If I could, I would......Darn insurance companies!
Good question. I'll have to flip through my handbook and see! Or at least call.

Lishyloo said:
Poor baby. I'd get into the GI asap if you can.... Bit too much of a coincidence if you ask me.
I'm going to have to agree. When it comes to his tummy troubles, I'm not really overly-paranoid, which is why I let the doctors treat him with Miralax firstly before jumping to any conclusions, but something just doesn't sit right with me about this. I was given the run around when I got sick in 2008 and honestly, I feel that not only me, but you all know this same ol' song and dance and I'm not willing to let the doctors just "wait it out and see" anymore.

Aw, Nessa, i'm so sorry to hear that! However, i'm happy that he has such a great mom to advocate for him! Hopefully things heal up soon for him, poor little guy

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Poor little guy. I wish I knew the right thing to say. But, as you know, at least he has a mother that understands what he's going through and can relate a bit. He's not going to feel completely alone.

Sorry Nessa ... I am just catching up on the updates with poor Aiden. I'm so sorry to hear he's having to go through all this. Like a lot of people have said, thankfully he has a great mom who pays attention and cares about his complaints. You also understand from a personal aspect how and what this disease is. I think you are doing the right thing in being proactive and demanding answers and having it looked into rather then dismissed. Keep us update and informed. We're all pulling for the little guy. And you!

Wish I could give you a big hug right now.

He's doing tons better -- thanks for asking. :) It's draining on it's own and we go to his follow up appointment here in less than two hours, so hopefully the doc is pleased with everything and there won't be a need to surgically drain it or put him in the hospital.

Last edited:
Thanks, Lishy! I'm really confident that everything's going to be okay with this. :) I even caught him riding a rocking horse yesterday, LOL! I had to tell him to get off it and that he could irritate it still, but definitely a HUGE improvement from where he was the other day cringing in pain.

For sure! Fingers crossed that this heals quickly, and they'll be willing to refer him to a GI to make sure everything is working appropriately!

Just got back from his appointment and sure enough everything looks a lot better. :) I'm still going to schedule an appointment for a second opinion on the GI, but for now I'm going to try and manipulate his diet a tad and see if I can give him temporary relief.

OMG!! I just caught up on your posts....Big hug to you and your son. I hope is feeling better today and everyday. This is the part of this disease I hate the most. THe kids that get it...Grrrr.....Anger Anger Anger...Keep us posted. Sue

Yay Nessa for him feeling better! That abscess must have been so very painful for the wee mite!

You seem to be very on to it with this so he is lucky. I do hope it's not IBD but definately get to a GI ASAP!

Stay well Aiden!!!!

Nessa...You have a great spirit! He is a lucky kid to have a positive Mom. It sounds like he is on the mend...You probably need a hug! Kids are amazing. Good spirited & adjusted kids don't happen by accident. Sounds like he is handeling it well too! Peace, Sue

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Ugh - I absolutely hated reading this thread. I'm so glad that he is feeling a bit better though.
Hope it continues! Thinking about your little guy.

Whats the latest? How's he healing up? All going ok?

Got the appt for the specialist yet???

Am I being way too pushy here?? It's the mum in me!

HUGS

Lishyloo

The abscess seems to be REALLY draining itself now! Still taking his antibiotics as prescribed and the little bunny is feeling good again, yay! No appointment with the specialist just yet. I haven't checked with his insurance yet to see if we need a referral, but I'll be checking into it more in depth within the next several days/week. :)

farm

Captain Insaneo
Nessa, this entire thread brought tears to my eyes. My greatest fear is passing this monster on to my son.

I over-react and have put him through CT scans, X-rays, etc for stomach problems.

I'm glad he's feeling better. Keep us updated.

oh gawd, I forgot you have to faff about with the whole insurance thing.

Seems totally alien and outrageous to me that you have to jump through what sounds to me like administrative hurdles to get treatment... and you get bills???

I think it would be the ultimate kick in the ass to have to stump up cash for people interfering with my bum hole!

Back to the point though.... So glad he is doing well - isn't it amazing how quickly kids bounce back eh Nessa!

Of course he is receiving the best possible care from his brill mum!

Well hopefully the insurance stuff will be ok and you can just get the whole picture (hopefully a totally blank canvas with nothing to worry about).

HUGS to both of you!

Lishyloo

Thanks a lot, guys! Yes, Lishy he is definitely bouncing back. I think his little classmates missed him, too LOL.

Ugh, I know what you mean, Farm. I get this ugly knot feeling in my stomach every time Aidan bolts up in the middle of dinner to tear up the bathroom. I've tried telling myself that it's just a phase and it'll pass, but I know otherwise. =/

Nessa..I would get that knot in my stomach too. Part of being a good (paranoid) mom. (or dad) We have a right to it...from what we have all been through!! I don't always post, but I read...give him hugs from us...and get a hug from him from us. I say it all the time...throw what you've got at me...but, please,please leave my kids alone. Peace, Sue

Hey Nessa, I'm glad you are getting this sorted now. When I was first dx'd at 14 I had been so constipated I didn't go for a month and a half. I was in utter agony and ended up having three or more fissures all at the same time. I kept telling my parents I was fine but they eventually took me to the doc against my will and I was dx'd. I think the reason I have so much scarring in my anal canal is because of my stubborness not to go to a doctor. Bless you and your child. I'll be praying for ya'll

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
He was messing his pants a bit too right V? Did that go away when they treated the abscess? I was hoping that the pain and whatever was scaring him into not using the potty when he needed to, and that was the reason for that.
Did they mention what the abscess might be from? Can you just get those for no underlying reason?
Hope he keeps feeling so much better, and this is just a one time thing.

Thanks again to everyone for the good thoughts and prayers :)

Jill, the messing of his pants seems to happen really infrequently. Now granted, he wears darker boxer shorts (because tighty whiteys are for babies, duh!), so it's sort of hard to tell how badly he's messing them up. He hasn't had any accidents since we've been treating the abscess, but he still seems to have non-solid poops from what I can tell -- I think a majority of his bm's are happening at school.

As for the abscess, I googled "perianal abscess in children" and all I got back was Crohns related stuff, but in adults it can be caused by IBD, pregnancy, low immune system such as HIV, etc. The doctor really didn't shed much insight as to what she thinks might've caused it though. =/

Geez Nessa, I just caught up on this thread! I'm sooo glad he is feeling better. Please please try and get him in to see a GI. My Mom was telling my husband about something exactly like that that she had in her twenties - she ended up having to have it drained. He raised his eye brow and said typically those only show up in people with IBD or people who have diabetes whose immune systems don't work correctly. I'm not trying to scare you (I mean, could you be any more prone to thinking this is CD right now?) - I just hope you can get him in to a really good pediatric GI and soon to rule things out. (((hugs))) for you both!!

See Shantel, that's what I was thinking, too. I found it really odd that the only thing abscess/children related that came up in google was specifically IBD. All these medical studies plastered online everywhere talking about how they monitored x amount of children with Crohns and x amount developed perianal abscesses/fissures, etc. They all say the same thing: a perianal abscess is usually a secondary symptom of something larger.

At this point, I don't think it's a complete fluke he ended up with this in combination with the other symptoms, kwim?

No honey - I would have to agree with you there - it sounds too Crohnsie to me :O( I'm sorry - I wish we could make something up that would fit the situation better, but I can't think of any. IMO he needs a complete work up with your history and sooner rather than later. I'm sad that he is having the abscess - I truly hope it isn't from a fistula - but what the heck else?? Poor baby, I hope he feels better soon!!

Hey Nessa, Shantel - you have voiced exactly what I have been thinking. It's just too rare to get something like this without an underlying IBD.

What news on the insurance stuff?

Where I'm coming from is at least if it can be diagnosed SOON (compared to most people on this forum), you guys can get on with dealing with it and putting in place what you need to ensure he has a great life in spite of it.

Sounds stupid - but thank god he has you as a mum - you already know - there is no confusion, no misunderstanding - he has someone who will always understand.

I say this becuase it is only since I got sick last year that I actually realise what it must have been like for Paddy. All the times I dragged him out when he said his bum wasnt so good, and I said dont worry it will be fine - may be it will, but now I know myself what that anxiety feels like - he doesnt go out now if he doesnt feel right. Recently we BOTH had spectacular simultaneous sharting incidents waiting for a toilet at the hospital - we looked at each other and we both just knew.... strange though - it was a moment of great camararderie (how do you spell that word?) - you know - we had a deep understanding... the yeh I just pooped my pants too and I know how you feel moment deep in our eyes! Ahh the joy of bonding with your son over poop!

Im still praying for you guys - of course I want the answer to be that this is something completely random, but if not, lets get cracking on making the best of it.

Lishyloo xxx

Yeah -there is still a chance it is just something rather than THAT - I'm *really* hoping for the random somethingness.....but better to know than wonder.

He is going to need a referral after all.

I'm having one hell of a bad day and the stupid, little snarky insurance lady just got an ear full.

Time to get a second opinion, argh...

Peaches said:
So, you don't think your GP would give you a referral - even with your history and all?? Grrrrrr......
I'm going to call his regular GP that he's been seeing (not the lady he saw for this appointment) and see if he can send a referral instead. I don't think it should be a problem... I hope.

Today is just one of those days. I think I'm going to lock myself in the bathroom, cry like a baby, get it all out of my system and carry on with my day. I'm frustrated to the max from 3045803 things and this is just icing on the cake.

(((((HUGS)))))) Nessa. I hope you find answers for your baby soon, it must be so painful for you, especially with everything else going on! You are a strong woman though and he is lucky he has you to be his advocate :)

WOWZA!!! just caught up, sooooooo soooooo sorry that you and your boy have to go through all of this. What BS with referrals and insurance companies!! Good luck with EVERYTHING!! I hope your little monkey gets well and healthy and I hope you get some answers sooner than later!! oooooo BIG HUGS oooooo