• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chinese food?

Hi, guys so im scared im undiagnosed so i have no medicne for my pain. I just ate a chinese takeaway i had about 10 pieces of battered fried chicken, a tub of egg fried rice, 3 big slices of prawn toast with seseame seeds, sweet and sour sauce and about 10 massive prawn crackers and i am stuffed and my belly is already gurgling 24/7 and i am so scared of the pain and what will i do. HELP???

Fried foods are hard to digest and upset lots of sensitive tummies. If you have tummy problems, imagine what you would want to eat when you have a stomach bug. You wouldn't want to eat a fried takeaway, would you?
Go for steamed vegetables for example (look into the low FODMAP vegetables, google is your friend), have some lean protein or some fat fish (good omega 3 fats, so here fat fish is all right, e.g. salmon is a fat fish) baked in your oven without other fat than a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil and some boiled or steamed potatoes. Just to give you an example for a pretty simple meal.
I haven't eaten a takeaway in years because I would feel as if I was dying or something, regarding the pain, cramping, nausea and possibly vomiting. Very bad memories to takeaways here though.

So go for smooth, cooked, non-fried foods but don't avoid fat overall, just fried, as I said.

Otherwise there is good literature out there about eating for Crohn's or IBD if you need some input.

Also, you mentioned seeds and some people with IBD have problems with seeds. Are you having pain. Maybe, you could take Tylenol.

Chinese food gives me problems. Not sure if it's a particular food or maybe even a seasoning in the dishes.

Many people I know who have IBD are either sensitive to or allergic to soy. I am one of them. Fried foods cause me problems, too. And that was a LOT of food at one time.

The MSG(monosodiumglutamate) that most Chinese food is cooked with gives me fits as well! I'll have massive migraine, vomitting & severe GI upset! So I avoid it unless I know it is made without MSG....and then I choose my meal wisely, usually white rice and chicken & veggies is what I order! Better to avoid foods that contain soy sauce as it contains MSG as well in most restaurants