• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chiropractic treatment

hi i am suffering from crohns for last 1 year. i have read somewhere that the chiropractic treatment can relive the symptoms of crohns and can help you to get into remission. has anybody tried it? i am from UK , but i am unable to find chiropractor who can provide such treatments for crohns patients in uk. thanks for your time.
I don’t think chiropractic treatment has the ability to do what you are looking for. I have experienced chiropractic treatment resolving numerous problems but I doubt any chiropractor would claim to be able to put Crohn’s into remission.

I agree with D.Bergy - chiropractic helped me with sciatica issues years ego
(that certainly was appreciated - less pain is always welcome) but did not improved my bloody diaria, cramps, urgency and 20 BM per day.
Chiropractic is a health care profession dedicated to the non-surgical treatment of disorders of the nervous system and/or musculoskeletal system. Generally, chiropractors maintain a unique focus on spinal manipulation and treatment of surrounding structures
Chiropractor will not help crohn's. Some chiropractors claim they can help every medical condition except those that require 911. Those are the chiropractors to stay away from. There are some really good ones that do help with musculoskeletal as suggested by mohanskin and the others above.
Chiropractic has a slightly different direction and therefore in your situation, this method of treatment is completely useless. Chiropractic helps me when I have back and neck pain. That's when I go to on back pain Henderson which very often helps me cope with such problems. After just one or two sessions, my muscle pain goes away and I feel much better. In your case, I'm not sure that there is an alternative medicine method that would help, but you can easily contact your doctor
Last edited:
I think you should talk to a specialist and he will already answer all your questions. However, we only give our opinions, based on our situations and it can be completely different from what you need. But it is important to find a good Doctor who will give you some useful advice. I came across one, which I just spent the money on and didn't treat myself. But a year ago a friend recommended this - https://zakerchiropractic.com and I am already seeing some results. I recommend you to do a consultation and together with the doctor, you will choose a treatment that is more suitable for you.
Last edited: