• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cholestyramine- Try it, you might like it! :-D

Hey hey,
I just wanted to talk quickly about Cholestyramine. I have been on aza for a while, and then added in Cholestyramine, and it has really helped with the diarrhoea. I am sure that many of you are aware of it, but as I haven't seen it mentioned here before, and it is helping me, I thought I would share the joy! :-D

It comes in a sugar free orange flavour... and it's really not that bad (seriously if we can drink klean prep, modulen, elemental drink etc, this stuff is yummy in comparison)!

Best wishes to all my fellow Crohnies :)
xxx

I have found that it really takes the edge of it.
i.e. if I go about my day and eat my normal things then I have gone right down from going about 6-10 times a day to only 2-4, all of which are practically 'normal' (whatever that is ;-)

I'll admit that if I start messing around with things I know that upset me (cheese being my major kryptonite), then I will still be poorly, and in some discomfort, but in general it has really helped me with the diarrhoea, and with re-gaining my confidence and my day to day life.

I even went down a cave the other day.... something I had feared since I had a very near miss in one a few years ago!

:-D x

Oh and also they come in small sachets so you can measure how many suits you. I seem to be good on two a day in the morning. However when I tried one (just to see), things got a bit worse, so I popped it back up to two. I think some people take up to 6 for crohn's... so it all depends on you :-D x

I've had this before, probably going to get it from the GI again since the Immodium seems to be losing its effectiveness and Im on the toliet 5 times a day :S
Loved Questran!!!