• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Choosing a new treatment, please help.

For the last 6 years my life has been a exhaustion rollercoaster.
From trying Humira for 3 months (was like water and did nothing for the fistula).
To trying infliximab again at 18 (worked amazing when i was 14-16, then had to quit because of remission) which did not have the same effects anymore.
At 20 I got started on Entyvio, and while that worked for 2 years (according to my lab results) I did not feel better at all, still exhausted all day every day.
Back then I was ignored, turned away and lied to by my then doctor. (lied about lab results, made illogical choices, could not explain his treatment plan and avoided me when I wanted answers form him:mad:).

At this moment my health has taken another turn.
In december 2021 I went to my new doctor in a academic hospital ( in the Netherlands).
After a colonoscopy, tests, imaging and lab work, I got started on Stelara.
That worked for 6 months and then it did nothing, even a restart did not help (incl injections every 6 weeks instead of 8)

After another colonoscopy (and endoscopy) it was confirmed that the Stelara did not work anymore.
And because I have ulcers and infections spread around in my small intestines, large intestine and oesophagus, surgery has been rulled out (for now).

I now have to choose between Humira and methotrexate injections ( every week)
Or joining a trial for Golimumab + Guselkumab (with a lot of appointments, questionairs and more colonoscopy’s).
At this moment both medications from the trial are not approved yet in the Netherlands, so i can’t just choose one.

Does anyone have experience with humira+ MTX and or Golimumab / Guselkumab?
Mostly asking for how fast it worked for you and if it helped with exhaustion.

My main struggle with crohn’s has been the exhaustion.
It started when I quit Remicade, sinds then it has become a downward spiral.
I work parttime and the rest of the time I am resting, just to make it to the end of the week.

Feels like my life is passing me by and i am just watching others go places, have fun and enjoy life…

sorry if I spelled things wrong, I am from the Netherlands.