• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Christians!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we start up a thread for Christians? We could need a space and separate support group.

I am sure we have fellow cronies out there also who pray to get through the tougher days.

Faith, Hope, the Holy Spirit, Jesus and God Almighty.

Just a suggestion to moderators to perhaps open a separate thread for those of us.

What A Beautiful Name!
https://youtu.be/r5L6QlAH3L4

Hosanna!
https://youtu.be/NoM0AT8fBvs

Last edited:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I think this would probably be a good one for Jennifer or Lisa as far as giving the ok towards. I can appreciate the idea, but also know that there may be at least a few who are not Christians on here and am not sure as far as those members are concerned. But again, these two would probably be your best ones to talk to on this subject...

scottsma

I don't class myself as a Christian and I have no problem with a new thread.
There are so many people on the forum I expect almost all religions are here.
Best to you.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I myself am a Christian but have some family members in my family who are not and know it can be a sensitive subject for some. Which is why I had a hard time wording my reply above. I don't really see any problem either, especially since we already have one for praying...

valleysangel92

Staff member
We do already have a prayer and spiritual support group which is open to all faiths, have you tried that? I can see what you're saying but I can also see where cross-stitch is coming from, it could be a sensitive subject for some and it may feel to some as though we're singling out a particular faith. We represent nationalities and faiths from across the globe and its important that we are mindful of that but provided its done in a sensitive way it could work.

cmack

Staff member
Some people may pray, some people may wish, some people may hope. I support anyone who does any of these things, as I believe it is all a form of positive thinking and does no harm to anyone. I think religion and prayer, hope or wishing is a good thing, no matter the denomination, or lack thereof. I believe all who pray, pray to whatever God it is that they believe in. It's OK to be spiritual, or not follow any religion as well. Each one of us follows the path they choose, that's fine by me. I respect everybody's opinion, and religion.

I just think why??? What does it matter which particular faith someone has? Do non-Christians give worse advice? Are non-Christians allowed to contribute to the group? Etc. etc.
What will a Christian only group add, over and above the already existing prayer and spiritual support group?

scottsma

I've already stated I'm not a Christian,nor do I follow any other faith.I also said I don't have a problem with a Christian thread.......BUT,I can see this present thread turning into a debate about religion.My dad used to say "Never get into an argument about politics or religion,nobody wins"

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I don't see an issue with people starting their own threads (you don't have to be staff to post a new thread) related to whatever faith they follow as long as it's done in the Members Only section of the forum and as long as all posts abide by the forum's rules. Since there are so many different beliefs out there the only one that will be stickied is the Prayer and Spiritual Support Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.