• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chronic Hemorrhoids

I have had hemorrhoids since January 2014. I didn't have a bowl movement for two days straight in Jan 2014 and I had a very rough bowl movement and have had hemorrhoids since. I had them before, but they disappeared after two weeks. This time around the hemorrhoids won't go away and causes pain time to time when I have a bowl movement. I have tried suppositories that didn't work and I am currently taking Hydrocoristone 2.5 % prescription based and that isn't working. I went to my G.I and he said that I have chronic hemorrrhoids and I might need to get surgery, but the problem it since I have crohns it makes the situation a little more tricky.

He perscribed me another suppositories, Canasa which is a mesalmine and I already take Lialda. I have done some research online and it seems like Canasa wouldn't have any affect on my hemorrhoids since Canasa isn't meant to treat hemorrhoids so why would my doctor prescribe me it? Is it worth taking it? I have never had any side effects from Lialda so I hope I wouldn't get any from Canasa.

Has anyone else dealt with chronic Hemorrhoids and how were you able to treat it?

I really would prefer stay away from getting surgery and might give Canasa a try. I just want other opinions on this situation.

Thanks.