• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chronic Leg pain.. IMURAN connection?

I've been experiencing what can only be described as chronic leg pain. Feels like i've done a cross between running a marathon, or a car accident, neither of which i've done.
I don't feel much other then dull pain while sitting or lying, but if I try to get up, it in the leg muscle, and joints.
I've just recently wheened off the Predinsone, since the first week in August.
And been on Imuran for about 4 mnths now.
This all started a few weeks ago, and has gotten increasingly worse.
Does this ring a bell to anyone else??
I don't see my family doc until the 9th. So can't discuss this with him til then.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Joint pain, I know, can be a Crohn's thing. A few years ago I thought I had a sprained ankle, but it wasn't. My primary care doc gave me something at the time to take (don't remember what) and the pain eventually went away. Same thing happened last year, but I didn't take anything for it, and it went away on its own.
Not sure about the muscles though.
Feel better.

I had bad leg pain for weeks that eventually went away...not sure if it was Crohn's related or not.

I would look into potassium too...low levels cause your muscles to cramp up. Low levels could be due to dehydration.

I

Isla

Taking potassium can be dangerous though, anytime I have needed it I have to spend the night on the heart ward while they monitor my heart. Too much or too little potassium can send you into cardiac arrest. So just be careful if you are looking into that option.

When I went off the pred. before I could barely walk. The pain in my legs was unbareable. When I would stand it had to be very slowly(hard to do when you gotta go..lol). It sounded like what you are describing. After a few weeks, 6 or so, stuff went back to normal.
Keep us posted on how your doing.

Everytime I get off Prednisone I get what I call jumping legs. Even when I lay down to sleep they just want to keep going. It usually gets better once the pred is out of my system

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
are you descirbing cramp in your legs? if so then you need to increase your sodium/salt intake. this can easily done by eating a bag of pretzels. regards sharon x