• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cimzia and Methotrexate

I was doing some research when I came across this forum. I have never done anything like this before but my wife and I need help. I have had Crohns disease since I was 10 years old and have battled on and off for 20 years. I had good 5 years or so with remission, no medicine or anything. Then for the past 4 to 5 years it has been one thing after another. I am currently taking Cimzia and Prednisone 30mg (due to flare up). I have finally decided to see a GI at one of the countries leading University Hospitals and he has recommended starting Methotrexate along with Cimzia. I have been researching alot and just looking to see if anyone has any good news about these two together? My wife and I are most worried about having children soon or in the future but based on my research, you should not try while on the medication, but my wife (an icu nurse) is super worried about birth defects after I get off or it destroying my sperm. Does anyone know any info on this? Please help!