• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cimzia itching

Hello all,
I joined the cimzia club this week. I took the first two shots on Tuesday and have had an on and off headache which I have noticed other people mention. Oddly I find that I also have on and off itching on my arms and legs, not near the injection site. Nothing horrible and no rash or anything but it is noticeable and annoying. Does anyone else have this reaction? Did anything help you? Thank you for your help.

Crohn's Mom

Hi Sailor :)

Did the itching just start ? Or did it start the same day after the injection ?
In my opinion, it may be a sign of a slight allergic reaction.
Have you called your GI to report it? If not, I definitely would.
Oh, and maybe try some Benadryl to see if that relieves the itching a bit?

Best of luck!

I always have a slight itch when I'm on biologics... its like an anti-tnf itch. Mine went away after I stopped Humira and was only on Pred, now its back on Cimzia. Plus its winter and I have crazy dry skin. Anyway, I just take a daily allergy pill for seasonal allergies and assume it helps this itch thing.