• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cimzia Kicked in for me today (just after 2nd loading dose)

I got really sick with the flu right before my 2nd loading dose and was feeling miserable for a few days, but am happy to report that the flu is clearing up, and today for the first time since I took 40 mg of Prednisone last summer, I am feeling better than I have in ages. No joint pain and my energy is returning.

I had my second loading dose on Monday and it's Thursday now, so it's been 2 weeks plus three days.

I hadn't expected it to take effect so quickly, even though I usually have really good response to medication.

Hang in all of you who are still waiting. When it starts working, you will feel so much better! I will gladly stab myself with that needle in another two weeks.