• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cimzia

cimzia

so i just got back from the doc. my crohns has gone from mild to moderate to severe. he put me back on asacol 3 pills 3 times a day and stupid prednisone! EW. he also gave me some antibiotics for the infections i have. my ct showed i have a lot of inflammation and more thickening on my right side. he wants to try me on cimzia? does anyone know any info about this, it would be really helpful! also wondering should i go back on my multivitamin since i am going back on prednisone. :( poo just when you think things are looking up!!

There is a Cimzia club on the forum, you should check it out. I don't know much about it, other than it is similar to Humira, taken by injection.

When I am on pred, I take extra Calcium and Vit D... you should probably do the same. It couldn't hurt to take a multivitamin, too. Hope you feel better soon!