• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cimzia?

Hi! I am new to the forum and was just diagnosed with Crohns. I am in my second loading dose of Cimzia as well as titating off prednisone. I am also using acupuncture.
I am feeling a lot better and am wondering if anyone else has experience with Cimzia and if it is working for you?
I sincerely appreciate any information anyone might have with this medication.

Thanks so much!

nogutsnoglory

I'm so happy to hear you are responding to the medication and so quickly. I find Cimzia to be helping quell inflammation but its not controlling my abscess nor my diarrhea. It's a good medication though and I'm hoping ill find other ways to control the other aspects of the disease.

Thank you so much for your response. Have you tried accupuncture? I have found that accupuncture and herbs have helped me quite a bit. Good luck to you!

@nogutsnoglory- I will keep you posted. My last loading dose is in two weeks and then I start monthly injections. I hope that you are feeling alittle better with the Cimzia then without it?

I am on Cimzia. I haven't noticed any improvement yet, but I only just finished my loading doses. I hope it helps you!

I think I have had Cimzia for about 3/4 of a year, so not that long.
but I had to stop because my psoriasis became severe and didn't stop spreading. And also I had a high fever from a flue but after the flue was gone the high fever stayed and it only became normal again after I stopt. And Crohn wise it didn't do anything, yes my blood got better (but that is with every medicine I get) but the inflamation stayed.

Good luck!
Maud

Hi I finished my third loading dose yesterday. I have noticed a swollen gland maybe lymph node on the right side. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks so much any feedback is greatly appreciated!