• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cleaning Wipes

Hi all,

I have been having a lot of problems with hemorrhoids, skin tags and bleeding around my butt. I it very hard to get clean, so I have been using wipes to help. The brand I was using is no longer being made. Does anyone have any suggestions on gentle, fragrance free wipes? :rosette1: Thanks for the help!

Kit

I live in the United States and it was a grocery store brand that i liked. I am going to try all the stores in the area and buy them out if I can. But I want a backup plan.

I buy the target brand. They are the same quality as the name brands but cheaper. I'm sure you can get them online.
Target.com

Good luck

in my opinion the best thing to use is warm water, i soak the baby wipes in warm water to rinse the solution off them, they're much better to use than toilet tissue because tissue breaks when its wet and the wipes don't....if there's bleeding etc. i wouldn't really want to use any chemicals that may harm the skin.

I use Pamper Sensitive Skin, fragrance free wipes. I've tried all kinds and those are the only ones that don't irritate my bum. Not sure how I'd get by if they discontinued.

Thank you sooo much for the suggestions! It really helped. I think I am going to find something better than what I am using already.

Astra

I use Andrex fresh moistened toilet tissue. Thay are flushable too.
I have tried tons of other wipes but these are the best, they don't irritate and they seem to stay cold all the time, which is very soothing!
xxx

I have only tried 2 brands, Charmin and Cottonelle (both flushable wipes), and I prefer cottonelle. They also make travel packs so I always have one with me in my purse!

Cottonelle are the best national brand, I think, but I really prefer the Target generics. They're a bit tougher and less likely to rip when you pull them from the dispenser, and they're also a bit softer.

omg this thing saved my butt and healed my wounds!
EUREKA CLEAN BIDET EB-1500C DIY Toilet Seat attachment
about $50 on ebay from Korea, best purchase ever (only a Crohnie could be thrilled with this...)

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
I use fragrance free baby wipes, whatever is cheapest. and I pat, don't wipe. I also got a sitz bath last month and it's the best thing ever when everything burns.