• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Clothing help needed for UK ileostomy

To any ladies out there with an ileostomy, can you help me?

I haven't been able to get any jeans to fit well since I had my op. They are way too tight over my bag, and it feels constricted, and I've been a "leaker" in the past - and the same goes now, I'd worry the whole time it couldnt breathe.

I hate the look of jeggings, and I wear a lot of leggings right now under dresses because they give all the stretch I need over my bag, now only on the stomach but on the leg too.

I'm considering buying some maternity jeans, thinking that they might allow extra room, I've tried stretch ones, and still no luck there. Can't seem to find elasticated jeans around which would be easier.

Any advice? Whst do you do? I'd really like to have a pair again.

I wear my bag hanging out all the time since it just sits in the wrong place for any of the jeans I have. Low rise jeans are great.

Terriernut (who hasn't been around in a few years) swore by maternity pants. She loved them! I know there are a few others here that wear them also, but can't think of who right off.

I wear maternity leggings/jeans all the time, I love them they are so comfy, it will take a lot to get me out of them now.
I find both over and under bump waist lines are fine with my pouch, but you may prefer the over the bump ones if you've had previous problems.
I can recommend Mothercares stuff, I just bought a pair of boyfriend cut jeans and they are so comfy, they are over the bump and I think they were £30.
I normally buy online as our nearest store is tiny.
Other good options are Gap, their maternity stuff is online only, and Amazon.