• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Clueless Newb

Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a good day. I am 32 years old, and was just diagnosed with CD last week. I am here to get some info and maybe make some friends along the way.

I am relatively symptom free so far (have had a fissure for several years now, and have just recently begun to feel some mild abdominal pain & bloating, and some gassiness).

My doctor just got me started on Azathioprine (2 days in), and I will begin Remicade infusions in the next few months. Mostly, I am just scared of what to expect because apart from not taking a normal sh*t in several years....my life has been pretty normal.

If any of you could answer some of my questions, I would appreciate it:

- What can I expect from my first flare-up? I am sure flare-ups are different for everybody, but would love to hear some of your experiences.

- Do your symptoms/flare ups isolate you from the outside world? Still able to exercise, play sports, be social, etc... or can I expect this disease to be very limiting?

- Have any of you had experience with the dual Azathioprine/Remocaid treatment? What kind of side-effects can I expect? Happy with the treatment? Any recomendations on assistance programs, etc... to afford it?

I have a lot of other questions, but don't want to make this 1st post too annoying. Really glad that this forum exists!

Take care,
Bob

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum!!! :welcome: I'm thankful to hear that you're pretty much symptom free at the moment and that your medications seem to be working.

We have many different parts of the forum that maybe of help to you. There's especially one for treatment and one for support. I encourage you to take a look around. As far as expectations for flare ups. The symptoms can vary for each person. There are a few of the same ones for various ones here, but basically we post our questions on here in hopes that others might have ideas as to how to help.

There are a few members on here who have been sick enough that they've been isolated at home. There are also some on here who have had surgeries, tests and other experiences who can give you info. I would think that you'll be able to be active. But, there maybe times when you'll also have some challenges to face as well.

This is a wonderful place for information and support and I hope to see you around. Please let me know if you have any questions. :hug: