• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Coconut anyone ??

Anyone else have problems eating desicated ( sorry spelling ) coconut ? It seams to get stuck with me block me up ? Also t same with nuts , seeds, sweetcorn , but I'm ok with baked beans ??

Nuts, seeds and corn as well as raw fruits and vegetables (cooked vegetables aren't as much of a problem from what i've heard) are common problem foods for people with crohns. Some people may be affected by some and not others or none at all. My fiance has a problem with beans and corn, but is usually ok with nuts.

DJW

Forum Monitor
I have problems with coconut. Thankfully I don't like it (perhaps because I had problems the first time I tried it).

I was wondering if this was common ? I oftem wonder if I have a stricture with t sort of stuff that seam to get 'stuck ' ? But I can't complain too much I'm on pentasa and just tapered of pred n I'm feeling a lot betta than I used too just have to aviod food that gets stuck and gluten xx

nuts, seeds and corn are things to avoid with ibd i heard they tend to get stuck. i don't know about coconut since i learned the hard way i'm allergic to it.

nogutsnoglory

The coconut shards can also be a little sharp going down. There are many varieties and some softer than others. I'd be cautious but crohnies can try it and see if it agrees with them. We are all different.

Lots are saying this maybe worth a try me thinks , definatly never having coconut again , seamed to get mega stuck ! Add that to my list of nuts , seads , peppers , sweetcorn , popcorn lol !! Xx

Lots are saying this maybe worth a try me thinks , definatly never having coconut again , seamed to get mega stuck ! Add that to my list of nuts , seads , peppers , sweetcorn , popcorn lol !! Xx
Most likely it is the texture, not the content
There is a lot of talk about the benefits of coconut oil (and coconut cream is mostly oil too) but it needs to be introduced slowly or it causes mushy poo