• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colecalciferol , anyone know what this is ? Something about vitamin D

Hi all , questioning all u clever people , I am undiagnosed , I collected my regular prescription and I also had one for 6 mths ago for this colecalciferol , I googled it and something about vitamin d ? Is this something anyone else takes and would I know if I was lacking in vitamin D ? Xx

It looks like this is just a VitD3 supplement. Have you ever had your Vit D levels checked? If so were they low? I am guessing they were low for your doctor to prescribe a supplement. Personally I take one by Pure Encapsulations, this brand has No additives or preservatives. It has worked very well for me. 5 years ago I had my Vit D levels checked and I was at a 9! I am not even diagnosed with anything yet, I go for a colonoscopy next week. But I take 4000 IU of Vit D 3 daily. Now my levels are at 76. It is VERY common for people in general to be low in Vit D. Maybe ask your doctor what your levels were if he or she checked them. If not, then I would ask to have them checked just to get an idea of where you are at.

Hi all , questioning all u clever people , I am undiagnosed , I collected my regular prescription and I also had one for 6 mths ago for this colecalciferol , I googled it and something about vitamin d ? Is this something anyone else takes and would I know if I was lacking in vitamin D ? Xx