• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

colitis

hi,i had my surgery on 1992 and since then i get pouchitis,i used to take cipro and flagil and it was not bad but recently i have severe pouchitis and bleeding wont stop so 2 weeks ego i received the first stelara infusion but so far no result!how long it takes to affect?? and also i did change my diet and i feel better i go less to restroom i could sleep better name is SCD diet you could google the name

hi,i had my surgery on 1992 and since then i get pouchitis,i used to take cipro and flagil and it was not bad but recently i have severe pouchitis and bleeding wont stop so 2 weeks ego i received the first stelara infusion but so far no result!how long it takes to affect?? and also i did change my diet and i feel better i go less to restroom i could sleep better name is SCD diet you could google the name
Have you tried probiotics?

hi,yes i do take probiotics and it help but i don't take every day.probiotics for colitis i take is visbiome
Ok you shou take them daily because it really benefits. What about multivitamin and minerals? I do all I have am and pm vitamins where the probiotics which also include prebiotics. I’m into wellness products and so i make sure I do plant based and greens, ginger, turmeric and blueberries drinks home made in the blender and raw.
But I’m in remission of corse and so I have not tried it while in a flare up. Trying is key...I’m not on any kind of biological meds, so I brought my body to a healthy state which i know is hard and takes a long time...

ok i will do.i do take vitamins and also i do blend reishi and shaga mushroom powder with turmeric blueberries green and .... tks for info