• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Collasped at work

Hi everyone i guess im just ventin my frustrations out here, yesterday i collasped at work, i have been getting worse tummy pains since coming off my steriods 3 weeks ago and symptoms coming back but i felt so ill yesterday however made the silly idea to go into work, i was sitting at the desk and my nose started bleeding infront of a customer and i suddenly started feeling very dizzy and fainty, i immedietly got taken off the desk but my legs were like jelly and i think i fainted for maybe a few seconds, i had to get rushed to hospital cos all i kepot doing was clutching my tummy, well a blood test later and seeing a consultant i was told i was back into a flare again and to start me back on my steriods again, however what im angry about is im currently waiting for a capsule endoscopy and told to come off all the treatment so they can see it at its raw state. How can they say this to someone that just cant handle being off the steriods oh and also will have to wait 2- 3 months for this test! Are they crazy! I now feel very very embarrased and feel let down by the healthcare i am given right now any suggestions on what i can do

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Good lord! Couldn't they realize that your appointment was so far away and bump it sooner especially with your recent ER visit? They should be able to. Have you called and asked if that's possible? Did you tell your GI that you went to the ER? I understand wanting to see bad things on the images but to make you suffer for that long and possibly even kill you is outrageous! I'm outraged for you! I feel some malpractice suit coming on. Any chance you could contact a lawyer? None of this sounds acceptable. Do they want your bowels so inflamed that the camera gets stuck or for you to have an obstruction before the pill cam or any number of horrible things I could keep on listing? Do they have a brain?

All I know is that you DO have a brain Porter and you don't deserve this sort of treatment. Their plan has failed and they either need to get on the ball or suffer the consequences. Honestly I'd want a different GI and would contact my lawyer. Keep the appointment for the pill cam but you need to get back on meds ASAP.

If you're in the US like me, I think we're all let down by the health care system. Lack of tests, good doctors, number of doctors... its CRAZY!

Edit: Are you still seeing that GI who did the scope on you that went horribly wrong?

rygon

I cant understand why they want to see what you are like without drugs? The whole point of drugs are to make you better. So they should be testing to see if you are ok whilst on these drugs (if you are good, if not then may an increase or different approach). I think eveyone on here will show bad signs if they were made to come off the drugs, so theres nothing to gain from doing that.

I would try and get in quicker as well if you are that bad. Also how are your iron levels?? Guessing the dizzyness / nose bleed could be because of your iron levels.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Oh, I am so sorry you seem to be flaring again. How long were you on the last round of steroids for? Was the taper gradual enough? I sure hope this current round will be the last for a good long while.

Hi all so went to my dr today my gp and he is outraged that this is been going on after having no response from my GI he is going to call first thing in the morning to get the ball rolling on at least a date for the test as there also needs to be a gap where im not on treatment so they can see it raw,the reason for this test is because stupidy enough my Gi got another radiologist to look at my mri scan and he said it could be normal whilst another says it is crohns so they are now doing this test. I am so angry also my bloods come back with a crp level of 23 anyone know if this is high?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
My last crp reading was 8.5 and my GI deemed it a "mild" flare (he said anything below a 4 is normal). I dunno if yours is high but it is higher than mine obviously.

I thought the idea was to try to get your body back to being as uninflamed as possible before you have any kind of tests done. All that poking and prodding generally does cause some irritation and to hear they want to aggrevate things more by taking you off meds is absurd.

Hi everyone hanks for your replies on this matter, so still being sick and still having bad symptoms, waiting for GI to call back and also to send them the discharge letter that the hospital sent to my gp, so fed up with all this my dr signed me off work fr this week as im just really not feeling at all well and said maybe my collapse was due to going to the toilet alot and getting dehydrated, just waiting for a test date, seems like its waiting for ever also slighly concerned of my crp level dont think ive had a level like that first time it shown up in blood test