• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy Complete

This past Tuesday I had my annual colonoscopy and endoscopy. For the most part it was what I could hope for. I do not have any symptoms so this was just to make sure I am still in remission.

I will have to ask the doctor if I am technically in remission as he did see some inflammation in my colon but not too severe. He said he wasn't too worried about it. He did take some biopsies and I am waiting for the results.

As for the endoscopy last year it was clear but this year he found some mild inflammation as well.

He said lets stay the course Humira every other week and to add Nexium once a day.

I am not too worried as it could have been a lot worse. It just goes to show that even if you do not experience any physical symptoms you could still gave Crohn's disease so it is a good idea to go for yearly colonoscopies.

Hi aweitzm1,
You are absolutely right- "It just goes to show that even if you do not experience any physical symptoms you could still gave Crohn's disease". That was a hard lesson for me to learn. I thought I was eating healthy, taking the right supplements, etc. and just because I felt fine I was sure I would be able to avoid drugs and surgery. Wrong! Did resection surgery in December, and now on Remicade and azathioprine. Hope it continues to keep me in remission while I try to figure out what to do next...