• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy on thursday

So the colonoscopy prep starts tomorrow evening, scope due on Thursday morning. I am not looking forward to it, but who does? At least I have the luxury of a guest bedroom and bathroom at home so I should not disturb anyone or get disturbed too much. A certain 3 year old might not quite understand that though.

I am not expecting the doc to see anything abnormal, I have been feeling good for quite some time. I have taken the dose down on Asacol to the maintenance dose and the joint pain I was having has gone after 2 weeks. Hurray. I just hope that the dose is sufficient to keep inflammation at bay.

But....we are going on holiday on friday and that leaves me tomorrow for all the preparations because I can't see me doing much on wednesday or thursday. Aaaarrgghh. Being gluten free, dairy free, sugar free (well, if I can) is not easy when you get to stay in the back of beyond. Does anyone else pack their own wooden spoons, pasta strainer etc or am I really crazy?

Also, I am dreading the journey on friday, I can't remember the feeling the day after a colonoscopy. It wont help that my period is due that day too.

I just had to share that. Those are the things that keep me preoccupied at the moment! Now I'm off to bed.