• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy question

I have UC and was wondering if anyone had ever started the prep a little later in the evening. It says 6 but I won't be home with my kids until 7:30. My procedure is at 11 the next day. Do you think it will mess up my prep too much to start it an hour 1/2 later?

scottsma

I would mix and refridgerate,then it will be ready when you get in.I was back and forwards to the bathroom for 12 hours,so you should be ok.Best wishes.

I've done mine later too.. I was just up later going to the bathroom.. No biggy, especially where your procedure isn't until 11.. Usually mine is super early at like 730-8.. Good luck

I did my prep strictly to time and I was still passing yucky brown liquid five minutes before the procedure, so I wouldn't have started any later for that reason. I don't think it would make any difference to the quality of the colonoscopy results - hope someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think it's only solids that do that.

You can always get through things better when you assign meaning to them, so I scheduled my next colonoscopy for election day on November 8th. I vote early.

With CD I've had a very fast system. I start the procedure around 6. By 10 I am worn out and cleaned out. Then I get up at 4 or 5 and drink as much of the second dose as I can take. I try and schedule the test at 7:30.

About the prep, my GI always sends a script for Moviprep, which costs $110, and my insurance only covers half. Is this a payoff thing between the salesman and my doc? My brother in law uses something entirely different and it costs like $15.

What's everybody else use?