• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy question

I have been having ongoing issues and am scheduled to have a colonoscopy this Thursday. I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. Will they still do the colonoscopy if I have a cold?

Scipio

In my experience, yes. An upper respiratory infection and inflammation of the lower bowel don't interact that much if at all.

I sure hope so. I would hate to do all the prep and then get there and they won't do it if my nose is running or something like that. I just really need to get this done so I can get some answers...

In my experience, yes. An upper respiratory infection and inflammation of the lower bowel don't interact that much if at all.

Scipio

Well, you may wish to call your doc's office or the colonoscopy suite to make sure that a cold is not a disqualifier.

crohnsinct

My daughter was pretty miserable with a cold once and as long as she didn't have fever they said they would go through with it.

Good luck!