• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy results

Hi guys,

Well i had my camera close up moment today and if anyone has read any of my previous posts you will know i've been having a flare and my dr has been trying to pass it off as IBS. I had to PUSH for a colonoscopy to prove this as they said they wouldn't reassess my meds untill i had it done.

So i went through the process this afternoon, and to be fair it wasn't too bad and the nurses were fantastic. So having got the results i feel both sad and vindicated, sad because my bowel is in a very poor state but vindicated cos i knew i was right all along.

I have active crohns, petechial bleeding involving the rectum/sigmoid/descending colon/tranverse colon ascending colon/caecum and ileum and active colitis in the entire large bowel with several ulcers (by the way if anyone can put that into laymans terms i'd appreciate it!)

So i guess the whole yucky bowel prep was worth it if it means my treatment will be adjusted and i may get some relief!

Thanks to all for the pep talk this morning
Andie x

Angrybird

I am sorry to hear things are in a bad state inside hun, but hopefully you will now get the correct treatment and things can start to settle. Have you been started on anything by the doc who did the scope or do you have or do you have to wait for an appt and if so do you have a date for this?

AB
xx

Hi Angrybird,

I was told by the lady who did my colonoscopy i should have an appointment for 2 weeks time but i really need to get sorted ASAP i think i've suffered long enough so i'm going to email the IBD nursing team to see if i can get an appointment ASAP. The sooner i get started on new treatment the sooner i can feel better...hopefully!!
x