• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy showed terminal ileum was all red

Just barely made it through the prep. I barely got any sleep because I was in a lot of pain and had to keep getting up to use the bathroom. I even dreamt about using the bathroom!
The scope went well. The doc took some biopsies and said my terminal ileum was all red. I got a picture of it. It looks nasty!
Now I play the waiting game for the biopsy results. Blarg!

This part is gross but I was kind of concerned. My last ct scan showed bowel retention. I'm just wondering how long can that stuff accumulate? During the prep I saw pieces of food that I haven't had for over 6 months. Is that normal?

I don't think I would be too concerned about the food. Surely nothing would be identifiable after 6 months in there!!!!
I never looked that closely at mine until towards the end when i got closer and closer to it being 'clear' so i could stop drinking the nasty stuff!

Hope you get some answers and treatment soon :)

LOL!
If you really want to know it was rosemary. Still whole, looked like it came right of the sprig. I haven't eaten anything with rosemary in it for well over six months at least.
Really strange....

You really want a picture? :p I showed it to my Mom and my boyfriend and they both said, "EWW! It looks diseased!"
I was just thinking, thanks for the reasurrance guys! lol

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I saw a pic of mine too, first time in 17 years of dx, I finally saw it. It had white pustules (sp) and sporatic in areas. That is when I was in a mild state. No other GI ever got to see it that good or me either!

Ah crohn's scope pics. The only time strangers can look inside someone's backside and not be considered perverts. ;)

Glad the scope went well.

I wonder about the people who get into gastroenterology.
What makes someone think, "I want to look in people's butts for a living."?

I was joking around with the guy who was in my recovery room waiting for me to pass gas. I was like what kind of guy gets a job waiting around for people to fart after they get a tube up their butt?
Got to love the anethesia!

:ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2:
I thought I would take a little break from writing and am in a computer lab at school. While reading this I think the person who was next to me and now moved thinks I am crazy!! I couldnt help but LOL and then when I got down to the angry ileum picture, the nosey girl next to me looked over and saw the picture.. then looked at me LOL and moved!! Thanks for putting a smile on my face :) I do have to go back to serious mode I have a presentation to make in another hour!!

*In Dr. Evils voice*

"It's a Frickin' ileum with lasers attached to it's head!...Mwah ha ha ha ha!!..... # 2, get me the piece of rosemary that was in her # 2, Now!"

And here I was reading thinking it was a Twinkie or something that survived 6 months. Good to hear there are answers. :)

pewpewlasers said:
I wonder about the people who get into gastroenterology.
What makes someone think, "I want to look in people's butts for a living."?

I was joking around with the guy who was in my recovery room waiting for me to pass gas. I was like what kind of guy gets a job waiting around for people to fart after they get a tube up their butt?
Got to love the anethesia!
When I had my first endo done my wife and mom was waiting in the room and my wife kept bugging me to drink more water. Just kept bugging and bugging. Of course I was under the influence of drugs. Finally apparently I said "Marriage, biggest mistake I ever made."
Right in front of my mom. :ybatty: Well my wife has never let me forget that one.:voodoo: I swear it was because she kept pestering me to drink. I really was under the influence.

Alright, so i keep reading about pictures of you 'diseased' looking ileum, and out of curiosity had to track it down...What i did not expect, was the angry face.....i laughed so hard i almost pooped myself.....Highlight of my week!