• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy Terminology

has anyone ever heard the term 'continuous extend' with relation to Crohn's ulceration?

this is on my recent colonoscopy report, along with some not so pretty photos - apparently i have serpiginous ulcers.. i looked up the word and it relates to serpent (snakeskin appearance).

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey ding, I googled pictures and they are not like mine, mine are Cobblestone type ulcers and have 5 of them. White in appearance. I saw the pictures but we dont get to keep them ;). So now that they have the answers for you, what is the treatment for them and how severe?

thanks Creepy, that makes sense.. i wasn't sure to what the 'continuous extend' was referring - i guess in Crohn's it means the mucosa then.

Pen - for now, my consultant is happy to give me the chance to try LDN again, and give it a really good long shot. if that doesn't work, we'll talk about other options, but i'm really hopeful it will help this time.