• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy this week...

Finally have my colonoscopy this week after waiting for more than a month. While part of me wants to have answers, there is another part of me that is worried how I will process/accept if the procedure does show that I have Crohn's disease.

Know it is not helpful or productive to worry about what may be but I currently live alone and concerned how I will care for my dogs, hold down my job, and maintain my house if I have a major, extended flare. My dogs are my sanity and can't imagine not being able to care for them properly.

Current symptoms:
*Mild pain/cramping in LRQ
*Sporadic back pain
*Soft, but generally formed, stools anywhere from 1-9 times a day
*Occasional mucus
*Occasional blood on stools
*Fatigue
*Increased urine output and urgency
*Weakness and pain in knees
*Had lost 15 pounds but have gained back around 4
*Bloodshot eyes
*Rectal pressure and occasional pain

Guess I just have to wait this out and see what the results say and go from there.

Last edited:
Thank you. Starting the liquid diet and already hungry. Think this will be a long day but worth it to have some answers.

Thank you. Starting the liquid diet and already hungry. Think this will be a long day but worth it to have some answers.
Good luck today! I'm in the same boat as you. The prep is nasty.

Hopefully everything goes well today and we both get the answers we're looking for and the news is positive.