• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy Tomorrow...Let the Fun Begin!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am having my second colonoscopy tomorrow since diagnosis. I have had a few flex sigs since, but they haven’t showed too much inflammation, and biopsies have only showed “acute colitis”. So, it will be interesting to see what’s going on throughout the rest of my colon. I have had a rough time since mid July, so I am a little nervous about the results. And, of course, I am not looking forward to my prep later today. Yuck!

Wish me luck!

Good luck Jill. My GI called me, and actually switched mine to today. Unfortunately, it could have gone better. He stated there was some narrowing in the colon, and couldn't navigate those first couple turns, so he couldn't get very far at all, even with an upper endoscopy scope. Because of that, he ordered a Barium Enema test, so I've got to take another couple of unpaid days off.

I am having my second colonoscopy tomorrow since diagnosis. I have had a few flex sigs since, but they haven’t showed too much inflammation, and biopsies have only showed “acute colitis”. So, it will be interesting to see what’s going on throughout the rest of my colon. I have had a rough time since mid July, so I am a little nervous about the results. And, of course, I am not looking forward to my prep later today. Yuck!

Wish me luck!
Good luck! I am going in for my 2nd colonoscopy next month...ugh..
I hope you have good news.

Good Luck!! I hope they find everything okay in there. Enjoy all the fun pictures of your insides when you wake up (no joke, I think those make the whole prep and whatnot worth it, it's fascinating to look at an actual picture of my intestines) :biggrin:

sawdust

Good Luck!! I hope they find everything okay in there. Enjoy all the fun pictures of your insides when you wake up (no joke, I think those make the whole prep and whatnot worth it, it's fascinating to look at an actual picture of my intestines) :biggrin:
If those pictures were in a book or something, I'd be interested. But you know that's you, which I find I don't particularly care to know. :)

Good luck, Jill! Wishing you an eventful, but uneventful, prep and lots of good news from your GI.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thanks everyone for the support!

Half of my prep is done. Wahoo! I am doing the Miralax/Gatorade prep. It's easy to get down, but it doesn't sit well with me. I dunno if the dose is too much for my weight or what (I am 5'5 and 115lbs.). Last time, I was pretty ill through the whole process; while I was on the toilet, my head was in a bucket. I hope it will be a little easier this time.

Things are starting to rumble, but the fun hasn't begun yet. I sure hope it doesn't kick in during Modern Family - I have been waiting all week for the premier!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Good luck with everything! I'm still waiting to hear frommy GI on when mine will be - hopefully she won't want to see me at an office visit first...my only real issue is that my schedule is getting pretty danged FULL so time off might be hard to get!

Oh - and I've lost track of how many I have had! lol

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Well I suppose things are probably moving by now! I hope it goes smoothly for you Jill. Let us know the results. Good luck:)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thanks again to all for your kind words!

My colonoscopy is done and over with. The prep wasn’t too awful, and all looked good in my colon except some mild inflammation in my rectum. But my right side of my colon & TI were completely normal. I am a little surprised, since it’s been a rough few weeks. My GI said the mucus is most likely coming from the rectum, but the abdominal pain is not related and is most likely associated with IBS. I should get biopsy results early next week.

Glad it went well! I'm having mine next Friday. I'm actually hoping he finds Crohn's because it's going to be frustrating to be this sick and not have a real explanation besides IBS.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am happy to know things are pretty good inside.

@Steph - I understand what you are saying. I mean, I am happy about my results, but it still doesn't explain why I have been struggling. Could such little inflammation in my rectum be the cause of all my symptoms? I dunno. I wish you luck next Friday. Let us know how it goes.

good to know things are looking better in there! :D ..and that there's no more prep for ya. i'm getting my second colonoscopy in a little less than two weeks.....yipee.

Hi Jill.

Well, your scope went better than mine. I mentioned this in another post, but in doing my scope, they found scarring in the colon near the rectum, and as such, couldn't get all the way through the colon, even with a small scope that they normally use for an upper endoscopy. My doctor wants a barium enema test to determine the size of the scar, and depending on the results of that, I may need surgery. I'm trying not to think too much about that.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am happy to know things are pretty good inside.

@Steph - I understand what you are saying. I mean, I am happy about my results, but it still doesn't explain why I have been struggling. Could such little inflammation in my rectum be the cause of all my symptoms? I dunno. I wish you luck next Friday. Let us know how it goes.
my only inflammation currently is in the last inch of my rectum, and i have a fistula and lots of mucus, sometimes without a bowel movement. it's surprising how much a little inflammation can do.