• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy - with an audience

I had an interesting experience last Saturday. I needed a repeat colonoscopy to try and resolve a conflict between an MRI scan and a previous scoping. In order to get a quick appointment I was asked if I minded having an audience...

I've found keeping a diary of these procedures really valuable for referring to at a later date and jog my memory of what we discussed. Here the entry - http://www.wrestlingtheoctopus.com/plan-for-the-worst/

Very interesting! I too only saw the biopsies being taken on my scope last week for the first time, you hit the nail on the head with the crocodile clip! As I was seeing it on the screen I think I could feel a slight tickle but nothing more. I was also very achy for 2 days afterwards, I'm not sure if this was because I was under less sedation than usual or if it was the 30 biopsies taken!

30 biopsies! I only had 4. I only ached for a day afterwards. Think it was the amount of gas they used to inflate the gut and the length of time the scope was in there

Yep, 30! I was shocked too!

They only took 6 last year when I was diagnosed, I would say I was more full of air after that one than this time so that's what makes me wonder if it's the biopsies. I had the scope last Thursday and it was only Monday really that my tummy wasn't achy and unsettled. Hey ho, luck of the draw I suppose!

I also became aware of a gathering crowd during my first scope when the sedation wore off towards the end and I was in pain. Very surreal! I swear there were only 3 people in the room when I was sedated and when I woke up it was about 12! Weird....

I lived with TI Crohn's for 30 years before I had to have it removed. Been on no Crohn's medication ever since. Hoping that the result of the biopsies will not change that