• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy With Flu

Have got a colonoscopy date for 24th December but am currently full of flu and have been for the last week. Having waited for months for this date and dont want to cancel it. Do you think they will be happy to go ahead with it? Also, at the risk of offending the male members, what happens if you are menstruating at this is looking quite likely too😑 Thanks in advance☺

scottsma

l would ring the contact number.I'm sure they'll have been asked the same questions many times.And of course there'll be someone from the forum along soon who've been in you situation.Best wishes.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I would hope you are over the flu by the 24th - if not, you need to see a doctor well before that!

If you are not running a temperature, I don't see a big problem, just make sure they know what is going on.

Oh - and as far as the menstruating - I've had that coincide too - just used a tampon and let the staff know - they didn't bat an eye about it.