• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Compazine?

S

Skinsfan1229

So I'm a pretty big ER fan...the TV show. I hear them mention a lot of medications that I've recieved, been offered, or heard of, but sometimes they talk about something called 'compazine' for nasuea, has anyone had this? The way they talk about it is its not as strong as zophran...personally zophran isnt to strong on me and phenergan works much better, not to mention its significantly cheaper.

Anyone had compazine?

I was given liquid compazine when I was in my twenties. I had had the flu for over a week & the nausea and vomiting were out of control. I took the first dose & within a very few minutes went into convulsions. My sis & her friend took me to the emergency room & they had to knock me out for several hours 'til the stuff wore off. I kept falling out of the wheel chair they had me in while in the waiting room so I was strapped into restraints on a gurney for the rest of the visit. Horrible bruises all over from thrashing into things & then from the restraints as the convulsions were extrememly powerful.

I've heard that compazine is very good for nausea control, but that my extreme reaction to it is not unusal, so I'd never recommend it to someone who doesn't already know they can take it.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Perhaps that is the brand name? Sometimes the brand name of a drug differs in different areas.

I have never heard of it.

S

Skinsfan1229

I definetly do not take it, I've never been offered it. Phenergan works the best for me...through IV, nothing works by mouth except ironically vicodin.