• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Complan to regain weight lost for people with IBD

B

Babe123

complan to regain weight lost for people with IBD

has any one here tried complan for putting the weight lost back on??

i was thinking about trying it but didnt know if i should ask my doctor or not.

ive lost quite abit of weight... i dont want to loose more
x

i've never tried it, but its certainly worth having a chat with your gp about. i did have something for weight gain years ago, and the name escapes me... but basically it was a high calorie powder i had to sprinkle on all my food, was more or less tasteless & very easy to use. wish i could remember the name..

B

Babe123

if you remember let me know... im not really underweight... my BMI is 19.4 i think. but i have lost over half a stone and i dont want to loose anymore cos my trousers are already hanging off of me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

there's probably little chance of me remembering the name now lol it was years ago... but i know the word ended in joule (translated = calorie). if you ask your gp, i am sure it will ring bells with him/her.

can you tolerate maize snack foods like quavers & chipsticks? thats what i used in hospital to get my weight back up, one packet per day, & you can dip them in full fat cream cheese (i gave this to my daughter whenever she was poorly & had stopped eating proper food).

R

ruthymg

I used to have those build up drinks, can't remember their name, they were horrible though. To be honest, I had real problems putting weight back on as well. It was only after I'd had the major surgery 18 months ago that I eventually began to gain some. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Ruth

A lot of people drink Ensure to gain weight. For me though... I only had a weight problem for about 6 months... now I can't keep the weight off :ylol2:

but actually -- :mad:

R

ruthymg

katiesue1506 said:
A lot of people drink Ensure to gain weight. For me though... I only had a weight problem for about 6 months... now I can't keep the weight off :ylol2:

but actually -- :mad:
I know exactly how you feel........me too lol

Ruth

B

Babe123

i like quavers :) i will try it... cheese atm makes me feel ill though.. but im ok with dairylee.

i might try the drinks see what they do...

what do they taste like?
x

my mum was on the ensure drinks for quite a few months - some she didnt like, some she said were really nice. i think they were nicer chilled in the fridge, like a milk shake. i remember they came in quite a multitude of flavours as well.

Boost and Ensure. I drink boost when I'm not feeling well and can't tolerate anything else. They have Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry and a couple other flavors now. I've tried Ensure and it was just too chalky for me.

S

sarahinyoface

Babe123 said:
has any one here tried complan for putting the weight lost back on??

i was thinking about trying it but didnt know if i should ask my doctor or not.

ive lost quite abit of weight... i dont want to loose more
x
Hi Laura!

i've heard of complan. my dietian has mentioned it to me before. i've never had it though.

i have Ensure Plus to keep my weight up. but i have it through my tube.

i remember once i had to drink something called Moduelin (i dont think i spelt it right..lol)