• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Confused about blood test results

So today I got my results back from my blood test a few weeks ago. When I got this blood test, it was two days before my Remicade infusion. My doctor and I were suspecting that my levels of Remicade were starting to get low around week 6 since that is when some of my symptoms start to reappear (I discussed some of this in a post from a few days ago). I have noticed this pattern for the last three infusions. Currently, I am on the 8 week cycle of the standard dosage of Remicade. I am just confused since my symptoms reappear around week 6 but my levels are adequate and I have no antibodies. My doctor did decide to discontinue 6mp back in February, but I don't think that has necessarily been the issue. Any thoughts?

my little penguin

Staff member
What were your levels ?
Adequate may not be enough
Tagging crohnsinct
On levels
There are some studies where lower levels while in what was thought to be the normal range in the past were just not enough

crohnsinct

Echoing MLP here. The literature says 4-7 is adequate for Remicade levels, however, many GI's are saying that a good number of patients need higher levels to respond and they aim for at least 8-10. You may be one of those patients.

My doctor didn't specifically give me a number for my levels of Remicade just only that my levels were adequate. I did however receive another phone call from him this morning saying that they didn't get the other results such as my inflammatory markers and CRP levels. Go figure. :ybatty: