• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Confused and scared please help

Hello everyone, from last 1 year I had Gerd problem but from last 2 months i was having pain above belly button yesterday i was sent for colonoscopy where dr. Saod that it's Crohn's disease but he also sent the sample for biopsy and this scares me help me please. Reports of colonoscopy also says that it can be terminal ileitis and infective

It's ok to be scared but just know that this forum will be here to help support and be there for you. Also Crohns disease is treatable despite it being chronic it is treatable and there are so many treatments you should be able to have a quality of life.

A biopsy is done to narrow down and find out exactly what you may or may not have. It's one of that many ways they test for Crohns, if they find Granulomas then it's likely you have Crohns disease. However not having them doesn't exclude it. It's essentially one of the easiest ways to test for many illnesses found in the bowels.

Don't worry a biopsy isn't a sign that it's cancer it's just a test for many different illnesses found in the bowels

Scipio

Anything is possible of course, but the chances that you have bowel cancer at age 21 are very, very low.

Relax. Taking a biopsy is routine. The doc is just trying to confirm his diagnosis of Crohn's by taking a closer look at the tissue sample.

Ahh Scared feeling I understand. Many of us have been there. I am sorry you were diagnosed with Crohns. It is a god awful disease to have, but there are options.

Talk to your GI Doctor about different options and get a few opinions. Its easy to assume or come up with a diagnose, get a few to come up with a general understanding of where you are in terms of health.