• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Confused

Hi, i have suffered from constipation for years now along with severe bloating to the point where i look 6mths pregnant, recurrent pain and one extremely sensitive and sore point about an inch to the right and just below my belly button. So far most doctors just told me to take laxatives and a whole heap of other unhelpful stuff so i have had colonics, and also seen a naturopath all will no lasting effects. Recently i have just started to be able to do regular BM without any reason as to why i suddenly can, but my stomach feels more like i should have diarrhoea and the gas, bloating and pain is as bad as ever. I am really at a loss as to what i try next and any suggestions and opinions would be appreciated :smile:

I recently asked my GI doc about being so extremely bloated and he told me that if I could figure out a cure for that to make sure I called him no matter what time of the day or night. He said that it is one of the number one complaints of all of his patients. I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, but I can totally relate!

Bloating can be so uncomfortable I hate putting on jeans in the morning and they fit fine and by the afternoon I have to undo buttons because of bloating.
One thing that has helped me is to keep an eye on what makes it worse I am a more careful in the food choices I make now I steer clear of nuts/seeds and certain veg. Even though this helps some days even if I am careful I still end up bloated and can't figure out what may have caused it.

thank you for your thoughts. i have tried monitoring what i eat at one point basically doing a pale diet as well but nothing stands out. and the tender point is concerning me because it even with the slightest pressure is really painful. i seriously have to walk around sucking my stomach in because i am pretty small every where else just with a massive pot belly, and id cry if someone asked how far along i was :/