• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Confused

Hi everyone. I was hospitalized for internal bleeding last Nov. After 6 days of tests the pill camera found the area of bleeding ulcers and thickened bowel tissue. They removed this and rejoined my bowel. I was admitted 6 times after this with severe pain and inflammation. Each time they did tests. Was told they were 99 per cent sure I had crohns as I have fistula (sorry if that's not the right spelling). Then was told I don't tick enough of the boxes for crohns but tick to many boxes of crohns, ulcerative colitis and inflammatory bowel disease. So are on Pentasa. Have been good for a couple of months only 1 admission for temp with severe shaking. May have been a virus. But the pain is coming back although manageable. The Drs are fantastic and are still trying to diagnose the problem. Scheduled for another MRI next month. The last colonoscopy they took biopsies of more ulcers. My biggest worry is about travelling overseas and having bleeding ulcers again. I lost 6 litres blood with the last ones and had no pain before or during the event. It was only the fact that I was throwing up and had diarrhea bad that I called healthline to see what would stop it till the weekend was over and I could go to my Dr. They said I needed to be admitted to hospital straight away and called the ambulance.

Since they are ninety nine percent sure it is Crohn's disease I don't know what is stopping them with a diagnosis.. Keep fighting until you get an answer.

cmack

Staff member
I agree, keep trying until someone listens. You have to be a very strong advocate for yourself. The sooner you get a diagnosis the better. Good luck with everything. Keep in touch.

Lynda Lynda

I agree with Chris. A person has to be assertive and advocate for themselves, I have learned this through many different health issues over the years. I'm 57 years old and so it's taken a long time to figure things out 😕.