• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Constant cramping jpouch pain relief

maria

I love you God.
Hi I've had my jpouch for 8 months and I always have very bad cramping to the point of rolling on my bed back and forth I've taken tylenol and ibuprofin and advil and doesn't even touch the pain. I don't want to take narcotic pain med as I have children but I'm pretty desperate for some relief. What's a stong over the counter pain med that helps with cramping in my lower deep stomach left side. I know I should see a dr but at the moment I don't have time. I have to get my kids ready for school. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I've taken hot baths helps for about ten minutes then stops. Tylenol and asperin is a joke. Please help thanks.

There may not be anything over the counter, but if its cramping, there are non-narcotic prescription meds that address cramping in some situations. I originally took Bentyl for cramping, and eventually was moved to Librax, which seems to help much more (though also has some anti-anxiety effect, and in larger doses did make me a bit less sharp). Maybe something along these lines would help, without the concern you have with narcotics, if paired with Tylenol?

Note though that I don't have the same situation - no bag, no resection, so this may or may not be valid for your situation. Have you discussed with your GI?

Like Ribo said, Bentyl or Librax might help and have minimal side effects as far as drowsiness. Baclofen is another mild muscle relaxer type drug that helped me with long-term abdominal cramping.