• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Constant pain - anybody had this?

Ive never posted a question on here before, but I read this forum a lot and post replies sometimes when I think I can help. But I'm desperately needing any opinions as I have a new pain Ive never had before:

I have an awful constant pain throughout most of my abdomen , but if I press its mainly at the right side level with my belly button. It's not too bad when just sat, just an ache, but its really painful when I'm walking. I can feel it all the time, with every step, and its getting slightly more painful everyday. I feel fine in myself, not sick or anything and BM's have not changed at all.

Ive had crohn's for 15 years but had no problems until 4 years ago. Ended up in hosp for 5 weeks after being really poorly, and I had 6 fistulas and 3 abscesse's! Ive tried all meds, and am now on Humira 1 shot every fortnight. Unfortunatley the fistulas left me incontinent so had to have a colostomy bag last year. :( I am starting to panic a bit (which does not help does it!) I am having my second round of IVF in 2 months and really don't want to be ill. Has anyone any ideas or had anything like this?

nogutsnoglory

No pain is ever normal and you shouldn't have to suffer. I urge you to see your GI ASAP to find out what's going on. You may need a short trial of steroids to quell an acute inflammation. Good luck and keep us posted.

I've had it about 3 or 4 days now. I'm not sure if it is my appendix, I thought it would be worse if it was that? I will have a look on the internet though, just so I can rule that out. Thanks xx

I just looked it up and it says "Pressing on the appendix area, coughing or walking, may all make the pain worse. " Which is the same as mine, but I dont have any sickness. fever etc. It does say it can be confused with other things such as Crohn's! Funny that!

sorry your'e in so much pain Emma... Ive been living with lots of pain like you describe for some time now. I had my appendix out last time I had surgery in 2008. Ever since then i have always had a tender spot where my appendix was and that is also where I had a resection. Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.

When an A&E doctor examined me for suspected appendicitis he said pushing on the appendix area usually doesn't hurt, it's when they lift their hand away that the pain comes. I'd be inclined to get checked out by a GP pretty urgently just in case.

I've had bad pain from a Crohn's flare in my TI before which sounds pretty similar to what you describe. It started fairly suddenly and I was really struggling to walk within days because the pain became so bad, and there was just a constant dull ache at all times too. So I guess appendicitis or Crohn's flare would be my guesses, but there are a lot of causes for lower right abdominal pain. I'd suggest making an appointment with your GP asap, even if just to rule out anything serious.