• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Constapation

I had a colon resection surgery back in February, and I am still having problems with constipation and it is getting really annoying. I talked to my GI about it, and he wanted me to take Muralax for 14 days. That worked, but it seems like I will be fine for a few days, but then all of a sudden I will have another bout of C. Does anyone have any hints or tips for dealing with C? I have started taking two probiotics a day and that seems to help, but is there anything else I can do? I exercise a lot and eat lots of fiber and whole grains. Or just it just take awhile for the body to find a new normal? :ybatty:

Thanks friends!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
It definitely can take a while for your body to find its new normal after a resection. I've heard 6 months to a year or so. As for helping constipation have you tried prune juice? You could try a little and see if it helps any and gradually increase the amount until you find an amount that works for you. I haven't done it myself as I don't have issues with constipation but I've seen other members mention it.