• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Constipation! Can't take much more of this!

For most of this past week, I have been feeling pretty constipated. I am able to go, but not all that the same time. A little will come out, then I will go later and more will come out, then by the end of the day, it will all come out, but each time I have to push and strain. I have been taking a laxative and that works, but I know I can't keep taking them. I am trying a stool softener today so see if that helps. :poo:

My GI put me on a new diet, but I really have not changed my eating that much other then staying away from processed food and I have been eating more fruit and veggies too.

On the other hand, I did just have part of my colon resectioned about 6 weeks ago. I will be able to resume exercise again this week too, so that may help as well. I have been pretty active though, even in my recovery.

Thanks everyone and Happy Easter!