• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Constipation

I put this in another section, and I am not sure if was the right one. Anyways, I went into the ER last night thinking I had a partial obstruction. Turns out I was just constipated, lol.

It's been awhile since I have gone to the bathroom, and was wondering if anyone knew how long it took for it to turn into an actual obstruction?

I have made that same trip a couple of times. The pain from being uber-constipated was very much like the pain of a partial obstruction. I feel completely stupid when we figure out that I am just full of shit!!

Thankfully, the doctors and nurses are very supportive and assure me I did the right thing coming into ER.

I have not had the constipation turn into an obstruction, as I work very hard to get things moving. I had to resort to colon prep solution the last time.

Yeah; I had a good provider and nurses, and I am also pregnant, so I think I am very hyper sensitive when it comes to my Crohn's right now.

I finally went to the bathroom, but I don't feel like it was everything....